Monday, September 10, 2007

We dont care ..

As I had written some time back .. the average Indian is unconcerned what happens all around him or her till it affects themselves and with this attitude we go bonkers how the society, government has failed us. I had an experience last week which I think is relevant to share and kind of reinforces my above belief.

In the morning at the bus stop there were close to 100+ folks waiting for the bus, due to sheer number of people the foot path was covered . Couple of adventurous bikers were nonchalantly driving their bike over the foot path bringing inconvenience to all those standing plus in way breaking the law ( who cares in this country ) trying to get ahead of the traffic due to a bad jam.

Looking at the chances of people getting hurt I kind of protested with one of the biker who promptly went down on the road. There was this other person who started arguing and started using foul language when I came in front of his bike after couple of requests.The person suddenly got of the bike and threatened to hit me, I had no chance but to walk away as there was hardly any competition ( he was twice my size ).

Predictably none of the folks standing and watching the tamasha intervened and I am sure with so many people the person would have dared to even touch me. This is in spite of them being from my company. I was very disturbed .....still not sure I should have expected any support and anyways it was not worth fighting.

No comments: