Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Not a muggle any more

For quite some time now I did not realize what was this Harry Potter mania and why kids and adults alike went fanatic about the whole concept – I was simple amazed and watched in awe when people got together and lost themselves in discussing the nuances in the books of Harry Potter which made J K Rowling the first dollar Billionaire by writing books. I was confounded how a story about magic can be held together for such long time and across 7 books and also interest kids and adults at the same time. I am a self confessed fan of the star wars saga, which has a similar theme of good vs evil though it did not have the book franchisee to propel the films into stratosphere.

With the impending launch of the 7th and the last book in the series and the hype of the 5th movie , I too have got bitten by the bug though my interests lie in knowing more about the dark lord Valdemort than in Harry potter and his antics. I am also now being consumed by the harry potter magic to an extent I have decided to read all the books even knowing what happened in the end – 21st July is not very far. I keep wondering the ingenuity of JKR to come up with so many terms and characters and weave such a plot. Bloomsbury surely was lucky to have latched on and have made a fortune.

Having watched “Harry potter and order of Phoenix” over the week end and the other movies earlier – I am seemingly getting convinced about the hype surrounding the release of the last edition. Though the movie was a bit dark as compared to the earlier ones it nevertheless displayed the maturity of the child actors who have grown in stature with every innings. It will be surely difficult for Radcliff to an encore. I only hope that the main leads don’t change for the last 2 movies.

I will be waiting to see the last episode - the final battle between the dark lord and Harry and from the recent utterings will be not to the liking of a lot of fans

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Rahul,
The charm of HP books is just too much, and I knew it was only a matter of time before you realizzed it :-)

Atul.

Anonymous said...

and book 7 &... though slightlu hindi movie-ish.. is great nonethe less...