Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Existential angst

Coming to my experiences of writing again - I used to think I knew a lot of things on diverse subjects but to my dismay found out that when I started writing either on my trials and tribulations or of those wordly wisdoms had so much shallow understandings - which made me again go into a tailspin. Reason -- probably:- from my experience I have seen the attention spans are getting so small . peep into any home and see the new meaning of "surfing" - flipping through channels when even without going through couple of frames. From instant noodles to instant lotteries ( though never dabled in lottery). I have seen the stock market from close quarters - people can hardly wait for making that profit but wait endlessly for recovering the loss. So impatient so restless ; the need for instant gratification has never been so intense. Get bored so fast have this feeling always life is moving ahead and what ever and where ever is the race to win loosing ....have to move on. Hardly have a fix on anything in the bargain. Good or bad dont know. In the whole bargain what has happned is tend to become impulsive , speed seems to be more important than accuracy ... this results into constantly moving from one thing to another without getting into depth a lot of times. Is this the same behaviour others experience or my “Existential angst” as someone put it recently.