Monday, January 22, 2007

Astrology the sufterfuge of the weak or power of 3

I found the definition of Astrology on the net as follow ( dictionary.com): " the study that assumes and attempts to interpret the influence of the heavenly bodies on human affairs " . There is a never ending debate on the rationality and efficacy of the predictions made on the basis of the heavenly bodies. The obvious question that keeps coming to mind is how does a planet or star situated thousands of miles away affect the future of a person . Delving a little deeper the more fascinating aspect is the planets at the time of the birth or start of the event kind off decide the destiny and all other changes are incremental. No wonder we have pay so much importance to "Muhurat" - the auspicious time of undertaking the activity and in effect trying to give a pass to the destiny. I was wondering the date and time on which Microsoft was started by bill gates - it must have been the most opportune time to start anything in the history of mankind. Though astrology is based on the ancient vedas but some how they are in direct conflict with the essence of Hinduism of your past Karmas deciding your future. Probably I am confused and need to investigate the relationship a bit more.

My experiences have been mixed and with some success. I have referred to astrology mostly when I felt weak, feeble, directionless, uncertain and in times when astrology would guide me to take decision ( really bad ). I don't remember instances being on high and ever trying to consult anyone. I had in one point in time nearly 4 of them and was always trying to find who gave answers to my expectation or rather what I wanted to hear - as typically I rejected who did not meet this criteria and kept on trying . Consulting an astrologer is very prevalent in India and I was wondering if the folks in the west can be so successful even without bothering about any sort of auspicious time why do Indians are so much into it. I have know very successful people who will not do anything in "Rahukalam" ( a two hour period everyday ). From film stars to industry houses everyone seems to be in grip of these soothsayers and now we have variety of them from numerologists to tarot card readers to even people reading the patters on coffee mugs ( this is ultimate in predictions)

Reliance where I have worked in the past is one amazing company. I was surprised to find out how much they are into astrology etc. For example they have this firm belief in power of 3 to elaborate further as simple as any car that is bought in the company the sum of digits has to be divisible by 3. I have checked in past and any major financial number that is published is divisible by 3. I not sure what is behind this belief but boy they are mighty successful. This belief in the power of 3 may not be exactly related to astrology but I think the genesis is in it. The obvious question - what makes such a highly successful and powerful business house to kind into such nuances.

With the future becoming uncertain and so much pressure all genre of people going to these folks and the prediction psychology has undergone a lot of change it is becoming more popular and the ilk of this community growing. Have known a guy who has successfully predicted couple of rises and falls in the Indian stock markets by combining the tenets of astrology and the science of technical trading. Its all pervasive in our daily lives like never before and worth pondering about.

No comments: