Friday, March 09, 2007

Change is inevitable

Change is inevitable. Change is constant - Benjamin Disraeli. I have embraced some change in the look and feel of my blog, it was inevitable and will be some constancy to it. Wikipedia , another of my favorites has a small right up on change. Going by my experiences there is a amazing dichotomy in the way I approach change even though at a more philosophical level its is very much accepted. I have seen boredom setting into any activity or event done repeatedly even for a short period and yearn for a change. Jobs being the best example.

Probably the human nature wants to be a state of flux ( Change is getting a bit too cliched.) to take the process of evolution to new heights as what fun in going about the same routine like a moron. I dread to imagine if machines achieve a level of intelligence and one day decide they had enough - they also need a change.Changing the aesthetics of the blog is a much simpler task but a lot of other things have their own ways and I am no expert do deal in all those metaphysical aspects of its effects on the sub consciousness of the being will leave the job of the explanation to the swamis and sadhus.

Amazing paradox - At first change is desirable and then not because of the uncertainties and the fear of unknown . Anyways it being inevitable - change is a function of time and from where the inevitability comes . Change is all about the "e's" eternal, ephemeral and existential. Its both factual and hypothetical .Even with such realisations staring in the face - its difficult to cope.
I think this has one need which has made the maximum impact in our evolution for better or worse the jury may be out. I recently came across a social networking site on change very neat and aspirational .. goody types - I do not know the impact though- its like the petiononline piece. Where folks keep signing the petition without ever knowing what happened.

I was very pleased with my product choice and the very thought of embracing change excited me - but to my surprise the template chosen by me was similar to one of the other blogs I run . < spot the money > . The mind had subconsciously resisted the very idea choose which was familiar ...now as usual these thoughts have got me into mire .

No comments: